Tradition of wearing sindoor is said to have started 5000 years ago. Female figurines excavated at Mehrgarh, Baluchistan , show that sindoor was applied to the partition of women's hair even in early Harappan times. It is interesting to note that the ancient tradition has still not lost its charm and married ladies still consider it.
Astrological Significance of Sindoor According to Hindu astrology, Mesha Rashi or the House of Aries is on the forehead. The Lord of Mesha is Mars and his color is red. It is believed to be auspicious. This is why red sindoor is applied at the forehead and at the parting of the hair. Both are signs of saubhagya (good fortune). Sindoor is also considered to be the symbol of the female energy of Parvati and Sati.
Physiological Significance of Sindoor It is interesting to note that that the application of sindoor by married women carries physiological significance too. This is so because Sindoor is prepared by mixing turmeric-lime and the metal mercury. Due to its intrinsic properties, mercury, besides controlling blood pressure also activates sexual drive. This also explains why Sindoor is prohibited for the widows. For best results, Sindoor should be applied right upto the pituitary gland where all our feelings are centered.
Effect and uses of kamiya sindoor:-
* Increases the body aura level and makes it strong.
* Helps in gaining power for kundlini jagran.
* Enhances third eye power.
* Protects from negativity & negative tantra, mantra power.
* Builds strong will power.
* Boosts tantra & mantra power.
* Fosters strong and deep mediation.
* Increases the hypnosis power.
* Cultivates healthy husband & wife relationship.